Concealed Carry, Level 2 Course — Holster 101
This course is designed only for students who are already familiar with their firearms and comfortable shooting them at a stationary target from a stationary stance. This class will take you to the next and crucially important level —
- Being able to draw your firearm from under concealment without getting tangled up and endangering yourself.
- Being able to deploy your weapon effectively after a draw from under concealment and place two shots, center of mass, within three seconds.
- Utilize the color codes of situation awareness in a dangerous situation to put you in fast-proactive action mode of self-defense instead of a slow, reactive mode.
- Handle firearm malfunctions quickly and effectively.
Your Concealed Handgun Permit does not mean you are ready to strap it on and defend yourself. Most self-defense in public happens so quickly that it is over in about three seconds. Getting a gun out of your holster from under concealment is a lot more dangerous to you and harder to do than it looks on TV.
You should know how to safely carry, draw and shoot BEFORE you carry concealed in public. This is the first step in what is called tactical pistol shooting.
Our Concealed Carry Level 2 course is a five to six hour hands-on workshop with only six students and two instructors. The focus is on developing your physical skills for tactical pistol shooting–drawing from a holster, firing quickly, firing accurately, firing legally and moving. We also cover:
- The basics of how to buy, fit and wear a holster or concealment device,
- Five steps to drawing from concealment, and
- Basic tactical pistol shooting skills.
You will train with state-of-the-art SIRT laser training pistols to learn trigger control, aiming, and holster-work skills in the classroom. Then, we head for the range and you put those skills to work with live ammunition.
How to Signup
To sign up for this class, please give us a call for a brief interview. We want to make sure it is the right class for you. You can reach us at 303.725.6731.
Tactical Pistol Holster Class Details
Your class materials include the 130 page book: The Straightforward Shooting Guide to the Colorado Concealed Handgun.
Each class takes place at The Firing Line, 20 S. Potomac St. Aurora CO.
Call Frank at 303.725.6731 or Contact us today.
This is not an NRA approved Course.